Looking for a company to repair your forged wheels in Sydney, or create some awesome, completely custom-made ones? Here at CNC Wheels, we’re the go-to destination for all your wheel build and restoration needs and we offer state-of-the-art technology and manufacturing processes to ensure a great result every time.
Forged Vs Cast
Forged wheels have a lot of advantages over cast ones, since they’re created using solid aluminium rather than liquid aluminium. This makes them both lighter and stronger than regular cast wheels. Having less “unsprung weight” on your car is desirable, because it means it will be less affected by the road and other outside forces. This leads to better performance for your vehicle! Here are just a few of the advantages of forged wheels over cast ones:
- Cast wheels are generally only about 60% as strong as the alloys used for forged wheels
- Forged wheels require much less material to maintain the same rigidity as cast ones, so they’re a lot lighter
- Recommended for all low-profile tire applications, since potholes, curbs and road debris can easily bend cheap cast rims
- Reduce unsprung weight; improving vehicle handling and manoeuvrability for faster braking and acceleration times
- Holds a polished shine longer than cast rims for a great long-lasting aesthetic
- Lighter wheels will reduce tyre wear and tear and improve fuel efficiency
Why CNC Wheels?
So, you know you want to upgrade your forged wheels, but you’re not sure who to turn to? Luckily for you, CNC Wheels is the perfect destination for forged wheels in Australia. Whatever design or colour you have in mind, our staff will be happy to customise your rims so they perfectly match your vision. Our expert machinists are capable of delivering even the most complex, great-looking rims in extra quick time, so get in touch today and see how we can help!